Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Stitched

Totally as a fluke, I found on line that you could purchase DVD's of the movie Stitched  as a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association. I was interested in watching this movie and was lucky enough to see that they were selling copies and I got one! This movie is a documentary that follows the activities of three quilters: Caryl Bryer Fallert, Hollis Chatelain, and Randall Cook, while they work on their entries for the Quilt Festival in Houston.
I tried to watch the video while I was sewing my star blocks, but it is way too interesting to watch while sewing!

Believe me...I really tried!

I would start stitching a seam and then have to look up at the wonderful photos of all the great quilts...and forget what I was stitching. It was one seam forward, then two seams back and no progress was made at all.
I better go back to listening to books on tape! I have never been to the Houston show, but after seeing this movie, it is on my bucket list for sure.
Here is the preview of the movie:

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I used to live in San Antonio and went to the Houston quilt show every year...it was wonderful!!! I have only made it back twice in the 14 years I have lived in Alaska. Before hubby got the job in Paris I was planning on going this year. Great idea to put it on the bucket list.

Anonymous said...

We were able to watch this at guild last year until the computer heated up and quit. But what we got to see was amazing....
Northern Blog Stalker